From the Ground Up:
Produce Safety for New and Beginning Farmers
“From the Ground Up” is the Rutgers On-Farm Food Safety Team’s new programming initiative to equip new and beginning growers in New Jersey with on-farm produce safety skills and knowledge. This will empower growers to achieve early success in produce safety and business planning by fostering the development of good habits associated with produce safety culture from the start- positioning them for regulatory compliance when needed.
Classes start Winter of 2023!
Not sure if your farm falls under the FSMA: Produce Safety Rule? Click here to find out
What will we offer:
- A Beginning farmer focused food safety training class
- An on-farm food safety plan writing workshop
- A Food Safety Hot Topics Webinar Series
- A Best Practices for Training Employees Webinar
- On-Farm Produce Safety Risk Walkthrough
Who is this program for?
- New and Beginning Growers
- Growers who want to improve food safety practices on their farms
- Growers who want to work to develop a food safety culture on their farm
- Growers whose operations don’t fall under the FSMA:PSR yet but who will as they expand.
- Next generation growers taking over a family farm
- Anyone thinking about starting a farm
To stay informed of class offerings sign up for the email list here!